The Kauai Sufi Retreat March 2 – 5 , 2017 is at the Church of the Pacific in Princeville, which is on the North Shore. It is recommended to stay on the east or north shore for the retreat. If staying on the east side, allow about 40 minutes driving time.
Great resources for island activities:
- Heartbeat of Kaua’i Museletter http://www.heartbeatofkauai.com you can post your requests here too
- Golden Lotus Studio, Kapaa http://www.goldenlotuskauai.org/, great student massages too
- Craigs List/Kaua’i for possible rentals.
- Kaua’i Ultimate Guidebook is a valuable book to bring along. You can also get an ap for smartphones.
Here are some suggestions for accommodations:
we will do our best to find Hosts from within our Sufi Community for your stay. other options below
1) Kumu Camp/Anahola Beach Retreat. Tentalows and high end camping right on the beach. Anahola, east side.
2) Kauai Camping Information – campgrounds and permits. Anini, or Hanalei, are closest to the retreat location.
3) Kauai Bed and Breakfast – Anahata Sanctuary: A Spiritual B&B. Beautiful rooms to rent. Kilauea, north shore.
6) There are lots of great condos in Kapaa and Princeville as well. Pono Kai, Islander on the Beach, Kapaa/ The Cliffs, Bali Hai Villas, Princeville are all great.
MIXED REVIEWS on our hostels. These are quite inexpensive, but you never know who else will be staying there. You can decide for your self based on the reviews and your budget.
8) Kauai Hostels – Backpackers guide to Hostels on Kauai. 2 on the east side in Kapaa town, one is on the beach, one close to beach. (Camp Slogett is in Kokee and too far from the retreat)
http://www.hawaiihostelsguide.com/Kauai/Hostels.php (there are photos on the website of some waterfalls, which are on the island, but not next to the hostel.)